The Twilight Saga Soundtracks – Friday: A Day of Wedding Inspiration

Happy Friday!! TGIF!! It’s been a while but I realized after being inspired by the Twilight movie last year that I definitely need to do an Inspiration Friday for the EPIC conclusion of the Twilight Saga movie series. You can see my previous post A Twilight Wedding for more Twilight inspiration.

Have you seen the movie.. it had my jaw drop to the floor through a few parts. LOL. If you haven’t seen it make sure to check it out over the Christmas holidays. So what am I being inspired by this year you ask? The many great love songs that have been played throughout the entire saga. Each movie has had a great soundtrack so I picked my fav love songs and showed how I used the lyrics to inspire a wedding theme.

In order of Photo (left to right, top to bottom):
1. My Love – Sia (Twilight Eclipse where Edward Proposes to Bella)
Lyrics: You took my hand and added a plan, You gave me your heart, I asked you to dance with me.
Image: It certainly feels wonderful when the person you love takes your hand. So make sure to get creative on your wedding day. Take a few dance lessons and wow the crowd, also don’t be afraid to take his (or her) and and hold her really close just to say I love you.

2. Flightless Bird (American Mouth) - Iron & Wine (Bella and Edward danced to at their prom (Twilight) and also one of the songs Bella walks down the aisle to (Breaking Dawn pt. 1)
Lyrics: Common to what people may think this is not a love song so I am just going to use the title of the song for inspiration.
Image: I am using Flightless Bird as the inspiration for the wedding gown. Feathers, a flowing feel, organza, looking a little like a bird for your wedding day is not a bad idea.

3. A thousand Years - Christina Perri (Credits in Breaking Dawn pt. 1)
Lyrics: And all along I believed I would find you, time has brought your heart to me. I have loved you for a thousand years, I'll love you for a thousand more.
Image: Time and Love.. I guess time only shows how long can last and sometimes time can’t measure it because love surpasses time. Lasting for a lifetime and more. I used the literal sense of time and love with a heart pocket watch. A gift perfect for the hubby on the wedding day to make sure he is on time.

4. Neutron Star Collision (Love is Forever) – Muse (Second song at graduation party (Twilight Eclipse)
Lyrics: I was searching, you were on a mission, then our hearts combined like, a neutron star collision
Image: Although you may not get that perfect starry night sky for your hearts to collide you can certainly get that feeling by having your guests and yourselves take part in a lantern release
It really feels like gazing at the stars when you look up.

5. Requiem on Water - Imperial Mouth (When Bella finds out she’s pregnant (Breaking Dawn pt. 1)
Lyrics: And though your arms and legs are under, love will be the echo in your ears when all is lost is plunder, my love will be there still.
Image: Although this is not your typical love song it is a beautiful one because it speaks of love everlasting. Love surviving even the deepest sorrow. But I used the lyrics in a more specific fashion for the inspiration. When creating lasting memories for your wedding you’ll want to have some wow factor photos like a trash the dress wedding shoot underwater.

6. All I've Ever Needed - Paul McDonald & Nikki Reed (Credits (Breaking Part. 2)
Lyrics: My bed sheets feel empty, when you’re not home, Your heart beat, helps me sleep, your breath soothes my soul.
Image: Isn't it so true.. the loneliness can be felt when someone is away and yet when they are they just there presence soothes you. That's why a wedding is so perfect, knowing now you'll be able to spend each waking moment with the person you love... also the wedding night and honeymoon.. need I say more.

7. Fire in the Water – Feist (first time Bella and Edward make love as 2 vampires (Breaking Dawn pt. 2)
Lyrics: Fire in the water, is the body of our love, Nobody should see this, the freeness of the light
Image: Its true that sometimes two people together can be such a contrast fire and water, but somehow they are able to merge together as one and share a moment that only they two can understand. Using the engagement ring to show the merging of 2 hot and cold colours coming together in a beautiful way.

8. Turning Page - Sleeping at Last (Bella walks down the aisle to the instrumental and the first time Bella and Edward make love (Breaking Dawn pt. 1)
Lyrics: Your love is my turning page, where only the sweetest words remain. Every kiss is a cursive line, every touch a redefining phrase.
Image: This is my FAVOURITE love song.. in general not just for the Twilight Saga. If you haven’t heard this song and read the lyrics make SURE you do! I’m using the lyrics and the title of the song. I think a perfect idea for your wedding is exchanging letters before the ceremony as gifts to each other. Its a very romantic idea especially for the traditional couple who don’t see each other the night before the wedding. You can also a great fold for a secret love letter exchange on our blog.

So I hope you enjoy our Twilight Soundtrack inspiration blog and I hope you also got a sense on how to turn your ideas into wedding inspiration for you own wedding. For all the photo credits see below!

Stock Photorami-kadi-wedding-dresses-bridal-2012-collectionHeart Pocket WatchLanterns-2Underwater Trash the dressJamaica 652RingLove Letter

Photo Credits: 1. Couples Dancing - Wedding Dance Boston | 2. Wedding Gown - Rami Kadi 
3. Heart Pocket Watch - Vivian Feiler Designs | 4. Lantern Release - Fresa Weddings
5. Engagement Shoot Underwater - Gonzalo Nunez Photography
6. Image: Sandals Weddingmoon - The Beginning of Forever | 7. Engagement Ring: Brooke Jewelry
8. Love Letter Exchange - Photo by Briton Studios/Two One Photography

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lemon Lime – Friday: A Day of Wedding Inspiration

Red and Purple Winter – Friday: A Day of Wedding Inspiration

TBofF Weddings - Sandals Now Offering The Sandals Honeymoon Gift Registry