Spotlight Vendor: Renee Richards ~Many Designs - Many Colours~



Renee Richards ~Many Designs - Many Colours~
416-951-7600

A jewellery design diva whose jewellery I swear by. She designs with a innovative edge the brings her clients custom made peices that will be in style forever. She uses Swarovski crystals, Chinese & Checz crystals, seed beads, wire, freshwater and glass pearls, wood and shell beads, semi precious stones (ex. turquoise or amethyst) and will tell you the meaning and how each one can "aid with its healing properties".

She prefers to use silver plated or sterling silver as oppose to gold since it has a cleaner polish and also gives the wearer a more stylish appearance. but does offer gold for her made to order clients!

From Rings, bracelets, necklaces, earrings, anklets, bookmarks and more, you can definitely find it at ~Many Designs - Many Colours~

I had the privelege of interviewing Renee to find out how it all began!! Please find that fantastic interview below along with the social websites you can keep in contact with Renee Richards on and a video of some of her incredible designs.

I have always been a huge fan of arts and crafts as a kid. I think my art teachers liked the fact that I was so open to putting things together and seeing where it would go. This led me to my first “real” design back in grade 7. Remember those friendship bracelets?! I had this awesome French immersion teacher who taught us to make them and from there I was hooked. I would take any change I had and buy embroidery thread and make until I perfected the idea and made it thinner, yet really impressive. I even got fancy with placing names inside or how to make it firmer by using the plastic from the newspapers inside to keep it from unraveling.
Those were the memories I will cherish forever.
I then started to move into adding beads and that was a blessing in disguise because beads became (and still is) part of my designs. I still have my first design; purple shaded necklace with earrings and necklace. I wore it to my wedding planner’s course and the instructors fell in love with it. I thought heck, if this is attracting attention, what else can I make and share. I was making stuff before and giving it away as gifts until that day and now grateful for that moment since I can offer this service to anyone anywhere!
I tend to do home shows and a few trade/event shows since it's got a better crowd control. It also allows me to interact with folks and explain the design or semi precious gemstones involved in a particular piece or the piece I will make for them right then and there. Yes, I love creating the design for my clients in person so they can see there is nothing to hide or change. Even brides love the ability to have their gifts to their bridal party handmade than going to a store and seeing nothing unique.
I think my fondest memories would be having a necklace or ring on and having someone comment on it. And I have no issue literally taking it off and giving it away if the spirit moves me. I remember a family friend saw me and this grey/silver/amethyst design. She was in love with it and I took it off my neck and placed it on hers. She was ecstatic and thought I was crazy. I responded that her wearing it means more to me than keeping it in a case to wear again. Besides I can always make another, which is funny since I like making one of a kind unless someone really wants me to make it again. Since that one opportunity, she has since bought a few more items for friends as gifts and also to accessorize her wardrobe.
I like giving women and men (yes I do some designs for men as well) something to wear and it may have some type of significance. I am currently giving a special bride and her party a gift set each since they are dear to my heart.
I am blessed to have my creativity; being able to sit with various objects and feel like MacGyver from that old television show and just make something that says "wow" or "that is so me!" You can always find me on my Facebook Fan Page or at my website: www.manydesigns-manycolours.com. 
My next two events are the Wedding Bliss Event April 11th and also an event open to all in late March; details to follow on this event shortly. I also was invited to the Black History Month Celebration at the CBC Glenn Gould Studios and my photos are on the fan page. It would be great and a blessing to have you as a fan too!
You can find Renee Richards on:
  1. Facebook
  2. Twitter
  3. Bridaltweet
  4. LinkedIn

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lemon Lime – Friday: A Day of Wedding Inspiration

Red and Purple Winter – Friday: A Day of Wedding Inspiration

TBofF Weddings - Sandals Now Offering The Sandals Honeymoon Gift Registry